PROVENGE (sipuleucel-T) is the only FDA-approved treatment for men with advanced prostate cancer that is clinically proven to extend life in certain men by reprograming their own immune system to target and attack prostate cancer.
Learn more about PROVENGE – Resources:
- PROVENGE Patient Video 2017, from Dendreon – click here to view
- Support for the PROVENGE patients, from Dendreon – learn more
Before getting PROVENGE, tell your doctor if you:
- Have heart problems
- Have lung problems
- Have a history of stroke
- Take any other medicines including prescription and nonprescription drugs, vitamins, and dietary supplements.
What are the possible side effects of PROVENGE:
PROVENGE infusion can cause serious reactions.
Tell your doctor right away if you:
- Have breathing problems, chest pains, racing heart or irregular heartbeats, high or low blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, nausea, or vomiting after getting PROVENGE. Any of these may be signs of heart or lung problems.
- Develop numbness or weakness on one side of the body, decreased vision in one eye or difficulty speaking. Any of these may be signs of a stroke.
- Develop symptoms of thrombosis which may include pain and/or swelling of an arm or leg with warmth over the affected area, discoloration of an arm or leg, unexplained shortness of breath or chest pain that worsens on deep breathing.
- Get a fever over 100°F, or redness or pain at the infusion or collection sites. Any of these may be signs of infection.
The most common side effects of PROVENGE include chills, fatigue, fever, back pain, nausea, joint ache, and headache. These are not all the possible side effects of PROVENGE treatment. For more information, talk with your doctor.